Ready in about 10 minutes, this simple and delicious spicy garlic hummus recipe is sure to become a new favorite. Simply add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
A huge flavor enhancer to this garlic hummus recipe, is the use of good quality extra virgin olive oil. It truly makes all the difference.
Since there is so much fraudulent olive oil (I know, right?!).. I always want to make sure that I source my olive oil from a place that is certified.
Wild Groves out of California is one of my favorites. The flavors are incredible!
What to do with Garlic Hummus
There are so many different things that can hummus can be served with. One of my favorites is for a quick, tasty and savory breakfast.
I will make toast or serve over my favorite multigrain bread. I then top it with capers, mini tomatoes, Kalamata & green olives, fresh basil and sometimes a salad mix if I have it on hand. Then, I’ll sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Oh, so yummy!
Here are a few more ideas for serving hummus:
- Make a delicious flatbread pizza with hummus
- Add as a base to a Mediterranean style breakfast wrap
- Replace the mayo in deviled eggs with garlic hummus
- Use as a sandwich spread
- Serve with your favorite grain bowl
How to Store Fresh Hummus
Fresh homemade hummus can be stored in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days. It should be in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
And fresh hummus can even be stored in the freezer for several months. Again, you’d want to use an airtight, freezer safe container. Just stick the frozen container in the fridge the day before to thaw.
- 15 oz can of garbanzo beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh juice from half of a lemon (about 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Primal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning
- Drain can of garbanzo beans and add to blender.
- Peel garlic cloves and squeeze juice of half of lemon.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy!
I love the use Primal Palate's Super Gyro seasoning for this recipe. It is great quality and flavor. You can use your preferred Greek seasoning blend if you're unable to find this seasoning.
I also highly recommend using good quality olive oil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 121mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g