Mini Jam Tarts
If you feel like treating your family to something scrumptious, look no further! This jam tart recipe is truly something that is sure to satisfy!
And it isn’t super complicated to make.
Olive & Artichoke may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. View our disclosure policy for details.
Just a handful of basic pantry staples are needed for this recipe. Here’s what you’ll need:
- all-purpose flour
- butter — Kerrygold is exceptionally good in this recipe and gives the best flavor! It is my most favorite butter to bake with and I definitely recommend!
- cold water
- jam – use your favorite! Some of our favorites are strawberry jam, cherry preserves, raspberry, and peach preserves. We’ve even tested this recipe with apple butter (a kid favorite over here! We especially love to use homemade canned fruit preserves, and one of our favorites is this peach preserve recipe.
- powdered sugar for dusting
Mix flour, sugar, and salt together in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a couple of times to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add water and blend until a ball is formed.
Wrap the pastry dough ball tightly in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator at least 30-40 minutes.
Grease the muffin cups (use 2 muffin pans that hold 12 each or work in batches).
Roll the pastry out thin on a lightly floured surface. And cut into rounds with a biscuit cutter. If you don’t have a biscuit cutter handy, you can also use a cookie cutter or mason jar ring if needed.
You should have 24 when finished cutting out. Place each cut out round dough piece inside of a muffin cup.
Fill the tarts with approximately 2 teaspoons of jam to each cup.
Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Carefully remove the tarts from muffin pan and allow the tarts to cool on a wire rack.
Use a sieve or sifter and sprinkle with a light layer of powdered sugar.
Store leftover tarts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
These tarts make an excellent gift for friends, neighbors, or during the holidays! We love these mini treat boxes tied up with pretty ribbons for all occasions.
Want more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can discover more homemade recipes from my homestead kitchen!
Jam Tart Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter Kerrygold is excellent for baking!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup cold water
- jam Strawberry, cherry, raspberry, peach preserves. Choose your favorite!
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt together in a food processor and pulse a couple of times to combine. Cut up the butter into large chucks and add the butter to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Add the cold water and blend until a dough ball is formed.
- Wrap the pastry dough ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate the pastry dough until well chilled, at least 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Grease 24 muffin cups (use 2 muffin pans that hold 12 each or work in batches).
- Dust countertop lightly with flour. Roll the pastry out thin and cut into rounds with a biscuit cutter. You can also use a cookie cutter or mason jar ring if needed. You should have 24 pastry rounds when finished cutting them out.
- Place each cut out round dough piece inside of a muffin cup. Fill the tarts with approximately 2 teaspoons of desired jam to each of the cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Allow the tarts to cool on a wire rack. Once cooled use a sieve or sifter and sprinkle with a light layer of powdered sugar.
- Serve & enjoy!