This tasty Olive and Artichoke Pizza is easy enough to make for a weeknight meal and is packed full of Mediterranean inspired flavors. A few very simple ingredients and it has become a family favorite.
Several times during the week, I’m on the hunt for a quick and easy dinner. Despite my best efforts, meal plans just aren’t happening around here.
And I love all things related to organization and have all of the fun planning tools! But…life happens. I’m sure you can relate.
If you’re also pressed for time, and want to get a delicious and satisfying meal on the table, fast. Then a pizza is a great option!
The pizza takes less than 15 minutes to bake! And you can use any pizza dough that you prefer.
I always recommend making homemade pizza dough. It is a cinch to put together and takes only an hour to rise. Nothing beats the taste of from scratch meals! Even if they’re a simple pizza.
More yummy and easy pizza recipes:
How to Make this Olive and Artichoke Pizza
I’ll usually prep my pizza dough and then finish up any household work I need to do while it’s rising. You know, that fold that pile of laundry staring at me from the laundry basket.
Then I’ll come back and prep the rest of my toppings.
Here’s my Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe.
The pizza dough recipe that I use makes one really large pizza. It is a thick Sicilian style pizza dough and is rolled out and laid out on a large sheet pan. However, to make it more rustic looking, I like to divide the pizza in half.
- Pizza dough recipe (see note)
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts (marinated or not)
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 small fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano cheese
- Prepare your pizza dough and allow time to rise.
- When the pizza dough is ready, preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Lay out the pizza dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Gather and prepare your ingredients.
- If making two smaller pizzas, divide the dough and roll out. Otherwise, roll out dough to make one large pizza and add to a parchment paper lined baking sheet pan.
- Begin layering the topping and distribute evenly to your pizza.
- Start by adding the crushed tomatoes and spread out over the pizza dough.
- Next, layer on the chopped garlic and capers.
- Add the artichoke hearts. You can divide them up a bit if you choose.
- Distribute the Kalamata olives to the pizza. I usually keep mine whole, but you can also slice them up to give more coverage of olives to the pizza.
- Next, chop up both the fresh mint and fresh basil and layer on the pizza evenly. Fresh herbs are really important here.
- Lastly, sprinkle the freshly shredded mozzarella cheese. Fresh shredded cheese gives the pizza a better texture and flavor. (see note)
- Add fresh grated parmigiano cheese to the top.
- Bake in preheated 475 degree F oven for about 13-15 minutes. Or until dough is golden brown and baked through.
- Allow to cool a little before slicing.
You can use whichever pizza dough that you prefer. My recommendation is to make a homemade pizza dough from scratch. Here is the recipe for homemade pizza dough my Sicilian grandmother taught me to make.
Pre-shredded cheese that you would purchase at a grocery store usually contains added starch to prevent the cheese from caking. And it leaves a different texture than a fresh shredded cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- IF YOU CARE FSC Certified Parchment Baking Paper, 70 sq ft
- Pizza Cutter by Kitchenstar | Sharp Stainless Steel Slicer Knife - Rocker Style w Blade Cover
- Pitted Whole Greek Kalamata Olives, Organic 7 Ounces (Case of 6)
- Native Forest Artichoke Hearts, Quartered, 14 Ounce Cans (Pack of 6)
- Colavita Italian Crushed Tomatoes, Tetra Recart Box, 13.76 Ounce (Pack of 16)
- OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Half Sheet 13 x 18 Inch
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 446mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g