Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
This recipe for for slow cooker chicken fajitas is super easy to throw together for a weeknight dinner. It’s packed full of delicious flavor and super juicy chicken.
It is sure to become a family favorite and is perfect for busy weeknights!
Olive & Artichoke may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. View our disclosure policy for details.
Easy crockpot chicken fajitas ingredients
This delicious meal doesn’t require super complicated ingredients. Just a these simple ingredients…
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- can diced tomatoes
- red bell pepper sliced
- orange bell pepper sliced
- red onion sliced
- garlic cloves minced
- black pepper
- chili powder
- onion powder
- fresh lime juice
- tortillas – flour or corn tortillas
Prepare your slow cooker with cooking spray or olive oil. In the bottom of your slow cooker add in diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, minced garlic, cinnamon, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
Add in chicken and mix together. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2 hours.
Add in the pepper and onions. Cook on high for another hour. Take out chicken and shred with two forks. Place chicken back into the slow cooker along with lime juice and combine.
Serve the shredded chicken and fajita veggies on warm tortillas with your favorite fajita toppings!
How to store leftovers
This recipe is perfect to make ahead. You can make the day before, store in the fridge and reheat in your slow cooker before serving. If you have leftovers, store the fajita mix separate from the tortillas in an airtight container in refrigerator for about 3-4 days.
Main Dish Recipes
Want more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can discover more homemade recipes from my homestead kitchen!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- 3-4 chicken breasts about 1 1/2-2 pounds
- 1 15 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin ground
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 1 lime juice fresh squeezed
- Prepare the slow cooker with cooking spray or olive oil. In the bottom of the slow cooker add in the diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, minced garlic, cinnamon, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker and mix together. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2 hours. Add in the bell peppers and onions. Cook on high for another hour.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Add the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker. Add fresh squeezed juice of one lime and combine.
- Serve the fajita mixture on warm tortillas with desired toppings!