These bacon wrapped dates with gorgonzola cheese are so easy and make a delicious appetizer to serve at your next party!
They have the perfect amount of sweet and savory, your guests will definitely be craving more!
Olive & Artichoke may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. View our disclosure policy for details.
Three simple ingredients are all you’ll need to make this amazing appetizer.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- bacon — thin cut works best. Sub with prosciutto if desired.
- pitted dates — we like medjool dates
- gorgonzola cheese — you can substitute with another blue cheese, goat cheese, feta, or cream cheese, if desired.
- drizzle of honey (optional)
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- sharp knife
Use a small paring knife to slice the dates into lengthwise slits on one side to create an opening. If you’re using whole dates, remove the pits.
Stuff a small amount of Gorgonzola cheese into the hole of each date and press the sides together to close.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Optional, but it is highly recommended.
Cut the bacon slices in half (kitchen shears work great for this!) Wrap each stuffed date with a slice of bacon and use a toothpick to secure closed.
Place the bacon wrapped dates evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Turn the bacon wrapped dates over to the other side and bake for 5-8 minutes longer. If desired crispness isn’t reached, turn over on other side and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Place bacon wrapped dates on a paper towel lined plates to absorb some of the grease.
Rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
Drizzle with a little honey over top (optional for a little extra sweetness).
Serve & enjoy!
How to store leftovers
If you find yourself with leftovers, add to an airtight container and store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
These sweet dates can be made ahead with storage in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Prep as usual and bake until warmed through and desired bacon crispiness is reached.
FAQ (frequently asked questions)
Add to a rimmed baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees, F until warmed through and desired crispiness is reached.
This classic appetizer is typically dried fruit stuffed with cheese or nuts, wrapped in bacon, prosciutto, or pancetta.
Want more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can discover more homemade recipes from my homestead kitchen!
Bacon Wrapped Dates with Cheese
- 16 dates pitted
- 8 slices bacon thin cut works best
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese
- drizzle honey optional
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice the dates lengthwise on one side to create an opening. Stuff a small amount of Gorgonzola cheese into the hole of each date and press the slits together to close.
- Cut the bacon slices in half (kitchen shears work great for this!) Wrap each date with a slice of bacon and use a toothpick to secure.
- Place the bacon wrapped dates evenly on the sheet-pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn bacon dates over to side and bake for 5-8 minutes. If desired bacon crispiness isn’t reached, turn over on other side and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add the bacon wrapped dates to a paper towel lined plate to absorb some of the grease.
- Rest for about 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle with a little honey over top (optional). Enjoy!